Dear Participants of our previous, traditional WHO Immunization Week round-tables,
Dear Colleagues, Dear Website Visitors
The current COVID-19 Pandemic underlines the high relevance of WHO traditional program, sentencing one week of each year for the importance of population level vaccination programs. (I would recommend you to study the last paragraph, as a very relevant hypothesis of professor Ternák’s introductory article!) That is why even among the current challenging conditions we would like to keep the traditions and aim to provide you a virtual way of information exchange. Pls. feel welcome to study the selected scientific reviews, focusing now on the current epidemiological situation.
We – as always – would also like to turn your attention on the most vulnerable people, and you are welcome to join to the ‘Leaving no one behind in the Covid-19 Pandemic: an urgent global call to action for inclusion of migrants & refugees in the Covid-19 response’ initiative.’ (See the paper below!)
If you would like to join with a relevant paper to the list below, you are most welcome!
We do believe that in April 2021 we will meet you in person again during the WHO Immunization Week round-table at University of Pécs.
Prof. Dr. Istvan Szilard and the WHO Collaborating Centre’s team at University of Pécs Medical School
- Subjective: Questions to be answered after Covid-19
- COVID-19: Immense necessity and challenges in meeting the needs of minorities, especially asylum seekers and undocumented migrants
- Graphs showing the day-to-day development of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Delivery of immunization services for refugees and migrants (2019)
- A review of evidence on equitable delivery, access and utilization of immunization services for migrants and refugees in the WHO European Region (2017)
- Leaving no one behind in the Covid-19 Pandemic: an urgent global call to action for inclusion of migrants & refugees in the Covid-19 response
- Guidance on routine immunization services during COVID-19 pandemic in the WHO European Region (2020)
- UK to begin clinical trials for COVID-19 vaccine this week
- DRAFT landscape of COVID-19 candidate vaccine:
- Europe’s migrant containment policies threaten the response to covid-19
- Covid-19: undocumented migrants are probably at greatest risk
- COVID-19 Conversations
- Sharpening the global focus on ethnicity and race in the time of COVID-19
- Before the pandemic ends: Making sure this never happens again